G.S.R.778(E). - Whereas with a view to protecting and improving the quality of the environmental and preventing, controlling and abating environment pollution in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, it is expedient and necessary to take measures relating to the supply, distribution, buying and selling of 2-T oil (lubricating oil);
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of Section 3 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), the Central Government hereby makes the following Order namely :-
(1) This Order may be called the 2-T Oil (Regulation of Supply and Distribution) Order, 1998.
(2) It extends to the whole of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
(3) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires-
(a) "2-T Oil" means lubricating oil, meeting API-TC (American Petroleum Institute-TC) or JASO (Japanese Automobile Standards Organisation) specification, used in 2-stroke petrol driven vehicle engines;
(b) "container" means a sealed package containing pre-packed 2-T oil in declared quantity;
(c) "loose 2-T oil" means 2-T oil which is not contained in a sealed container;
(d) "National Capital Territory of Delhi" means the National Capital Territory of Delhi as defined in the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act, 1991 (1 of 1992).
(1) No person shall sell or agree to sell or otherwise dispose of loose 2-T oil in a service garage for use in 2-stroke engine vehicle of any make;
(2) In petrol stations, 2-T oil shall be sold only pre-mixed with petrol through nozzle:
Provided that the above restriction shall not apply to the 2-stroke engine vehicles having separate sump for 2-T oil provided by the manufacturer in containers for use in the engine of such vehicle through such sumps.
[File No. Q-16014/18/98-CPA]
VIJAI SHARMA, Jt. Secy.